10 major signs of the day of judgement: All believers, whether Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian or Catholic, believe that the world will end one day. God has described in detail how the world will be destroyed in the Qur’an, but no religious book has said when the world will be destroyed.
Before the destruction of the world, numerous signs will be revealed in the world, among them I will tell you the 10 biggest signs in the light of the Quran.
How the world will be destroyed?
Major signs of the day of judgement: The Qur’an does not provide a specific description of how the world will be destroyed. However, it does mention various signs and events that will occur leading up to the Day of Judgment or the end of the world.
Some of the signs mentioned in the Qur’an include the emergence of Dajjal (the Antichrist), the descent of Jesus Christ, the appearance of Gog and Magog, and the blowing of the trumpet or horn. These events are described in metaphorical language and are understood to be supernatural or apocalyptic in nature.
In Surah Al-Inshiqaq, verses 1-5, the Qur’an describes the destruction of the world in terms of a cosmic event:
“When the sky has split [open] And has listened to its Lord and was obligated [to do so] And when the earth has been extended And has cast out that within it and relinquished [it] And has listened to its Lord and was obligated [to do so]”
This verse describes the sky splitting open, the earth extending, and casting out what is within it, which some scholars interpret as a metaphorical description of the end of the world.
However, the exact nature and mechanism of how the world will be destroyed remain unknown and are a matter of interpretation and speculation among scholars and believers.
10 major signs of Day of Judgement
In Islamic eschatology, there are 10 major signs that are believed to precede the Day of Judgment or the end of the world. These signs are based on various Hadiths (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad), and include:
- The appearance of Dajjal, a false messiah or Antichrist who will deceive people with his miracles and try to claim divinity.
- The descent of Jesus Christ from heaven, who will defeat Dajjal and establish peace and justice on earth.
- The emergence of Ya’juj and Ma’juj (Gog and Magog), who will cause chaos and destruction on earth.
- The sun rising from the west, which is considered a major sign of the end times.
- The coming of a beast, which will speak to people and mark believers with a seal on their foreheads.
- A major smoke that will cover the earth and cause people to suffer.
- A series of earthquakes, which will become more frequent and severe as the Day of Judgment approaches.
- The sinking of the earth in three places: one in the East, one in the West, and one in Arabia.
- A fire that will emerge from Yemen and drive people towards their place of gathering.
- The blowing of the trumpet or horn, which will signal the end of the world and the resurrection of the dead for the Day of Judgment.
It is important to note that the exact interpretation and understanding of these signs may vary among different schools of Islamic thought, and there may be variations in the details and sequence of events. Additionally, the timing of these events and the end of the world remains unknown and is considered a matter of God’s knowledge and discretion.